I was looking for a picture of our girls to post for this Fathers Day post, and came across this one....one of Frank's favorites. It captures the side of them they sometimes keep hidden from the general public. They would rather this photo be destroyed than posted on my blog, and I'll have to pay for this, but....I think it's worth it. I think! Having a photographer father does have its downsides, girls. Everything gets documented.The girls love their dad. REALLY just adore him. Sometimes they think he can on occasion be unreasonable, but even then they think that makes him all the more loveable. Every little thing he does is so "cute" and "funny". I love hearing them talk about their dad....with so much affection.
They respect him and his opinion and advice. It carries a weight and wisdom that mine does not, and I have always appreciated that. It's because of him that they have become who they are. The development of their character and values comes largely from him. They never want to disappoint their dad, and that helps guide their actions. They know he loves them, would do anything for them. And they for him.
Frank has always found joy in being a father. He has a special and unique relationship with each of the girls. He loves each one for who they are. Their dad has had the rare opportunity of spending more time with his girls than most fathers get to. He's been their coach, their teacher, and had a lifetime of summers to spend working and playing with them. He has taught them to fish, to play golf, made them watch all his favorite old movies (Casa Blanca for one)....taught them how to work hard...to hammer, paint, and hand him that "whatchamacallit". They have always been his carpenter's assistants, his boat backer-upper guides, his carwash buddies, and has taught them all the proper way to eat Chips Ahoy cookies with milk.... They carry in their memories volumes of experiences with their dad....some funny, some life-changing, all unforgettable and cherished.
We all love his laugh, how he dances when he hears a favorite song. He has a tender heart. He prays for his children's success and happiness. He is a great example for them and a blueprint of what they are looking for in a husband and father. They are so proud of him.
As his wife, today I am so thankful to have been his partner in raising our girls. I love him like they do, and he has made me a better person. Happy Father's Day, Honey!
3 comments:
Love this post and the picture of the girls. You are both great parents.
Joanne, this is beautiful. I seriously think you should write a book. Those girls are lucky to have such a sweet, involved Dad!
I agree, Aunt Joanne... you need to write a book -- you have so many cool/funny/interesting stories! I'll buy the first copy!
Post a Comment